Our Patient Charter outlines the consistently high standards of service that we encourage our Therapists to aspire to and what you can expect from a registered osteopath/Physiotherapist.
1. Your practitioner will provide treatment and care that reflects your needs. This includes explaining your diagnosis and the proposed treatment, as well as how to manage your condition and help prevent reoccurrence.
2. Your practitioner will treat you with dignity and courtesy, respecting your beliefs and values without discrimination.
3. Your practitioner will explain the treatment options open to you, agree a course of action with you and obtain your consent before starting treatment. You may also withdraw your consent to treatment at any time.
4. Your practitioner will explain to you the cost of each consultation and treatment, including how many future treatments you may need.
5. Your practitioner will ensure that their advice, care or treatment is safe and appropriate to your needs. If necessary, including involving or referring you to other healthcare professionals such as your GP, a consultant or others.
6. Your practitioner will ensure a safe and comfortable environment for your treatment. This will include ensuring that all premises and equipment used are clean, suitable and properly used.
7. Your practitioner practice will only employ suitably qualified and appropriate staff to ensure that you receive a high-quality experience, advice and care.
8. Your practitioner and their staff will be able to provide details of the practice complaints procedure on request. Any complaint will be properly investigated and appropriate action taken.
9. Your practitioner will ensure your personal details and health records will be kept strictly confidential. This information will not be disclosed without your written consent unless your practitioner is required to do so by law.
10. Your practitioner will be honest and open with you should anything go wrong while they are caring for you.